cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually uninstall FlexNetAgent 17.1.0 on windows

Hello,

We tried to uninstall agent from add/remove programs but it is taking too long.

So we find a manual method described here: Solved: How to Manually Uninstall FlexNetAgent 16.1.0 deployed from sccm on windows - Community (flexera.com)

but I can't find the string "FlexNet inventory agent" under HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.

I can also see several folders under  .\CurrentVersion\Uninstall folders with GUID value and in these folders UninstallString values msiexec /x {XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXX} but I don't know if I need to run this command for each GUID or not.

Thanks,

Rayan

I

(4) Replies

hi, here is what I use for removing any Windows installation from a batch file.

rem #remove old agent

Wmic Product Where Name="FlexNet Inventory Agent" call uninstall

ping localhost -n 5

rem #remove old files and registry

rmdir /Q /S "C:\Program Files (x86)\ManageSoft"
rmdir /Q /S "C:\Windows\Temp\ManageSoft"
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp" /f

mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

A way to speed up manual process to uninstall thru add/remove programs, is that you should first stop all services that are running with names like %Flexera%, %flexnet% or %Managesoft%

Thanks @wernerb, uninstallation was succesful with command lines.

@mag00_75 , finally we got a pop-up error message after a long time running uninstallation from Add/remove programs: Error 1730: You must be an Administrator to remove this application.

We don't understand why we got this issue as we already logged in with an Administrator account. Do you know why this happens ?

Thanks for your help,

Rayan

Another thing to try is first kill all running instances of the ndtask.exe process. In my experience that seems to speed things up.

j