cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do license mapping by identifying various applications for any publisher

Hi Forum,

This might be a weird question but couldn't help asking. What are the prerequisites/knowledge/skillset required for doing end to end license mapping for any publisher and can a Flexera Admin with basic licensing knowledge can do this?

Please help with any documentation/references/Experiences to achieve the consumption/compliance report from FNMS to achieve the Milestone 3 in SLO practice guide.

Regards,

Winvarma.

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

One way to answer this question may be to look at some job postings for roles like “Software Asset Administrator” or “License Manager”. Here are some current samples that come up from a quick search:

It would be unusual for person who is doing technical administration and managing the operations of a FlexNet Manager Suite installation to have the kind of competencies and background that is typical of somebody who is doing license management activities.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi Forum,

Request suggestions/knowledge sharing from the CSAM and FNMS experts who are having abundant knowledge on licensing(Any Major Publisher Microsoft/IBM/Oracle/Citrix/Vmware/Adobe .......etc.,) and who are working on end to end tasks on FNMS and have achieved/trying to achieve the milestone 3.

looking for some help and Appreciate your thoughts on this thread

Regards,

Winvarma

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

One way to answer this question may be to look at some job postings for roles like “Software Asset Administrator” or “License Manager”. Here are some current samples that come up from a quick search:

It would be unusual for person who is doing technical administration and managing the operations of a FlexNet Manager Suite installation to have the kind of competencies and background that is typical of somebody who is doing license management activities.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)