cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we update the FlexNet Agent on Unix/Linux?

HI,

One of our customers is asking us to update the FlexNet agent installed on their servers. but seems no one has done this before. how do we update the agent on Unix and Linux servers? below is current  version. thank you.

[RHEL]

# rpm -qa | grep -i managesoft
managesoft-17.0.1-1.x86_64

[AIX]

:root]/ # lslpp -l | grep -i managesoft
managesoft.rte 17.0.1.0 COMMITTED ManageSoft Unix Managed Device

(2) Replies

Hi,

You can enable auto upgrade option & agent shall take upgrade policy & shall upgrade automatically. If you are going for manual then old version must be remove & new version can install.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The simplest approach to upgrading agents is generally to select the agent version you want installed in the "Inventory agent for automatic deployment" section on the "Inventory Settings" page, and allow agents to upgrade themselves:

image.png

If you want to upgrade the agent installations yourself (for example, if you need additional control), check out the following page for command lines to use on Unix-like operating systems to install/upgrade agents: Agent Third-Party Deployment: Installing FlexNet inventory agent on UNIX.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)