cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexnet Manager MSSQL Database

Is it possible to use the same SQL server database for the admin and reporting database for FNLM or is it required that they be two distinct SQL databases? The architecture diagram does make it appear that it is two distinct databases but I was curious what the ramifications of combing them would be or if it would work at all.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. New to the product.

-Todd

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Functionally you can put the admin and reporting schema into one physical database. However at larger scales for optimal performance it is often recommended to keep the databases separate, and possibly hosted on different SQL Server instances.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
Community Manager

To clarify - are you asking about the FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications product here?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

yes, specifically, the arch. diagram calls out two databases (admin, reporting) and there was internal discussion that these could use the same database so I wanted to confirm whether separate  DB's was a hard requirement before we spent too much time on it.

Thanks!!

ChrisG
Community Manager

Functionally you can put the admin and reporting schema into one physical database. However at larger scales for optimal performance it is often recommended to keep the databases separate, and possibly hosted on different SQL Server instances.