cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not getting from: \ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\IntermediateData\Staging

Files from the Staging folder (ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\IntermediateData\Staging) on the Application server are not getting removed automatically (not sure when/how this started), used to see few occasionally, but now none of the files are getting cleaned up).

(6) Replies

On the batch server, Can you please check BaseDirectory registry key value, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Beacon\CurrentVersion

Default location should set to C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon

if BaseDirectory registry key value is set to EMPTY, please update that manually and set the value to C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon (assuming installation is using default location otherwise set the location in use) and see of those files are still left behind.

Yes, you can clean up files under ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\IntermediateData\Staging manually.

HTH

Aamer

Aamer,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Beacon\CurrentVersion has 2 entries:

1. (Default) :  (value not set)

2. BaseDirectory:  C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon (which is the default / correct folder)

=========

Aamer / Anyone else,

Any idea why the files are not getting removed automatically from  \ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\IntermediateData\Staging, even though the Registry key is set correctly (C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon)?

@AamerSharif 

I have the same issue at two different customers. On the app server the registry keys have default - empty, basedirectory, correct to the value above.

On my standalone beacon server the key in that location has basedirectory set to empty. Every inventory to come through that beacon is sitting in the IntermediateData\Uploaded folder. Should this value be changed to C:\ProgramData\FlexeraSoftware\Beacon on the standalone beacon server? If this isnt resolved I am planning to write a cleanup script and set it on a weekly job.

On a standalone beacon, the BaseDirectory value will be empty. no change required. 

Inventory packages uploaded by the beacon to an application server (batch server) are retained by a certain number of days (14 days by default I think) under IntermediateData\Uploaded on the beacon server, packages older than the certain number of days removed automatically.

Hi,

there are always files with a size of 0 or ZIP files which uploaded not completely (is invalid):
fnmp-ff34403e15cd7a4dd30d00a8__I[T=123456789ABC][S=SCCM_Data]_20201209030714.zip

There are a lot of files with fnmp-****__I[T=123456789ABC][S=SCCM_Data]_202012***.zip

Perhaps the reason is a bad network performance?