Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS agent versions and locations

Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hello,

Can Flexera please post and maintain an article with all available agent versions and numbers. At this moment it is almost impossible to keep track of agent versions and their numbers. Many customer who are upgrading like to see for example if their agents are upgrade to 2020R1.  

Also it would be good to have one location where all agents are located and easily downloaded. And it would help if a new agent is out that you could easily find it.

Unfortunate this article was not complete enough.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Flexera-Agent-Version-Numbers/td-p/113593

(7) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ronny_OO7 - I typically refer to the following article for information on the mapping between release numbers and version numbers: What Release Number (Agent and Beacon) Corresponds to Each Product Version?

Does that article contain enough information for your scenario (and cover the version(s) you're interested in)?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris for your help.

That looks good to me. I do have two questions:

1: Are this really all versions because I am having the impression that sometimes engineering comes with an fix in an agent that is official but nowhere listed. These are being missed then? (The list only contains complete product versions)

2: Especially if there are some fixes it is great to have an download link to the actual files of the agent (this can be an download to the original PLC location) 

Regards

Ronald

The page looks to be a fairly comprehensive list of all significant FlexNet Manager Suite releases over the last 10 years or so. However if you come across a particular version that appears to be missing then let us know and we can look in to it.

Agents can be downloaded through the web UI in FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud. Agents for on-premises deployments are available through the "Other Resources > Product and License Center" menu in Community. I'm not sure how far back these downloads go, but if there is a specific version you need for some reason that is not available there then contacting the Flexera Support team to talk through the scenario you're facing that requires access to a particular version is likely an appropriate option.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Thanks Chris, I am aware of the download location. The challenge comes in when engineering builds an agent for an specific fix. Most times other customer are not aware of this and only notice 6 months later when a new FNMS release comes out. So that't why I raised this question. Unfortunate we don't know the version number as we don't know of the existing of the agent itself.

@Ronny_OO7  - Generally, if we need to fix an issue with the agent, we would only release that to those customers linked to the Support Case.  This fix would not be released to all customers.  Instead, it would be queued up and released as part of the next "Scheduled Version" of the agent (monthly for FNMS Cloud, and 1 or 2 times per year for FNMS On-Premises).

In the rare case where a critical fix is made to the agent in between releases of FNMS On-Premises for ALL customers, it would be released as an FNMS On-Premises "Hot Fix", and the documentation and binaries for this new agent version would be made available for download from the Product and License Center.

The other resource that may be helpful here is the Agent Change Log which details changes in each published release of the agent.

To elaborate on @kclausen's comments, if you do come across an agent release that is not listed here then it is likely a build that is provided on a limited availability basis to a particular organization for a particular specialized purpose. Such builds will not be listed in publicly published resources.

Thanks, this is exactly what I am talking about 🙂

I understand that sometimes an new agent is created for a specific customer issue.  That doesn't mean that other customers are not affected.

In the current situation you have to wait 6 months until it is included in the original on prem release.  If it turns out you need another fix because the fix was incomplete it takes you another 6 months.

By publishing all agents (including beta for customer issues) :

-->Customers have earlier access to fixes for issues

-->Flexera has an wider test spectrum 

--> Possible issues are earlier detected

-->All parties benefit from this.

Regards

Ronald