cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Upgrade - compliance schema migration error

Hi, Anyone encountered error while upgrading FNMS 2016 R1 SP1 to FNMS 2019 R1 before? Preparing to run step 'Check migrated database against schema'. Required minimum database compatibility level: SQL Server 2008 (100) Found database compatibility level: SQL Server 2008 (100) Required version: 13.2 Found version: 13.2 Executing step Checking that all database objects are owned by dbo...Validated Running 'ComplianceSchema_schemacheck.sql'. Returned row: MigrationErrors: Column default value is wrong: SoftwareTitle_MT.UsagePeriod, is "((24))" should be "(3)" There was an error while attempting to run 'ComplianceSchema_schemacheck.sql'. Returned row count 1 does not equal expected row count 0 Stack Trace at ManageSoft.Database.Update.FileStep.ExecuteReader(SqlConnection p_SqlConnection) File steps for Check migrated database against schema failed.
(1) Solution

Hi,

Apparently customer changed the default value of [FNMSCompliance_TEST].[dbo].[SoftwareTitle_MT].

We have resolved the error after revert back to the default value. So basically what we did:

1. Revert [FNMSCompliance_TEST].[dbo].[SoftwareTitle_MT] to default value which is 3.

2. Run the migration script again and upgrade completed successfully.

3. Customer may change back to the number they want if necessary once system upgrade completed.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Could you please check how many rows do have usage periods other than "3".

SELECT
	UsagePeriod
	,COUNT(*) [Count]
FROM SoftwareTitle_MT
GROUP BY UsagePeriod

Best regards,

Markward

Hi,

Apparently customer changed the default value of [FNMSCompliance_TEST].[dbo].[SoftwareTitle_MT].

We have resolved the error after revert back to the default value. So basically what we did:

1. Revert [FNMSCompliance_TEST].[dbo].[SoftwareTitle_MT] to default value which is 3.

2. Run the migration script again and upgrade completed successfully.

3. Customer may change back to the number they want if necessary once system upgrade completed.

Thanks.

I think the correct place to customize the usage period would be SoftwareTitleEx_MT. At least custom values show up there after changing existing applications in the WebUI.

may I know whats the difference with the other one?
From what I can see, SoftwareTitleEx extends SoftwareTitle, I guess that's why it's named "Ex" 😄 Like in object oriented programming. So SoftwareTitle holds the default values, SoftwareTitleEx has the custom stuff.

Hi Intan

SoftwareTitle_MT holds Flexera releases content title (ARL source)

SoftwareTitleEX_MT holds customer creation (Local source)

Cheers

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)