cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report on which licenses are being double-consumed

We have several situations where licenses are being double-consumed. One is a Named User license where a person's name shows up twice on the list on the same device. The other is a Device license that has a device show up twice on the list with the same user name. We need a report to find out if there are other licenses where this is happening. I have opened a case, and they are asking which other licenses are doing this. I don't have time to go into each separate license to see if this were happening. There is a report that shows license consumption, but that is per license, and again I don't have time to run the report for every license. One license showing all Device licenses, or Named User licenses, or User licenses would be great.

I have tried to build a report, but have not had any success yet.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Erick,

Are you sure these items are actually consuming twice? Which version of FNMS are you running? I have seen an issue in a customer system running FNMS 2018 R1 where the first item in list is also shown a 2nd time later (or at the end of a list). Could this be related?

Have you exported the data to Excel and checked if the duplicates still are in the exported file? Also does the Excel match with the consumption shown in the WebUI?

I wonder if it is just a display issue. Also, have you tested and compared multiple browsers?

Best regards,

Markward

Yes, I have checked to verify, and the license counts show that two licenses are being consumed. I'm in the Cloud, so FNMS 2019 R1. When I export the list, the devices and users both show up twice. And I have used both IE and Chrome. Support is looking into this issue.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.