cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Tool CAL Consumption count

We are experiencing FNMS Tool CAL consumption count at an appropriate number on some whereas we have seen the FNMS Tool CAL consumption count as 0 (Zero). Trying to figure out why the CAL consumption would reflect Zero and how to fix this CAL consumption count number. Has anyone experienced this and would like the remedied solution to fix this issue. Thank you!
(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
It may be that FlexNet Manager Suite does not provide functionality to calculate consumption for the particular CAL products you're seeing "0" counts on.

Can you elaborate on which CALs you are and are not seeing consumption numbers on?
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
cgrinton wrote:
It may be that FlexNet Manager Suite does not provide functionality to calculate consumption for the particular CAL products you're seeing "0" counts on.

Can you elaborate on which CALs you are and are not seeing consumption numbers on?

The CALs for which consumption is not being calculated:
License name License type Consumed
Project Server Win User CAL Volume (Current) Microsoft User CAL 0
Microsoft SQL Server Win User CAL Volume (Current) Microsoft User CAL 0
Windows Remote Desktop Services User CAL Volume (Current) CAL Legacy 0
Dynamics Customer Relationship Management User CAL Volume (Current) Microsoft User CAL 0
Dynamics Customer Relationship Management Employee Self Service User CAL Volume (Current) Microsoft User CAL 0
Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Win Device CAL Volume (Current) CAL Legacy 0
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server CAL Win User CAL Volume (Current) CAL Legacy 0

FNMS reports CAL consumption for:
License name License type
Enterprise CAL incl. Services Win User CAL Volume (Current) Microsoft User CAL
Forefront Identity Manager CAL Win User CAL Volume (Current) Microsoft User CAL
Project Professional incl. Project Server CAL Win Volume (Current) Device
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Take a look at the information in the "Introduction to Client Access License" section of the FlexNet Manager Suite System Reference PDF guide. This doc sets out the products and operating systems that FlexNet Manager Suite supports for automatically processing CAL details. Most of the products you're looking at here are not in the supported list, so you would need to look at manually calculating consumption based on relevant data available within your organization.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)