cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS OnPremise - Datawarehouse not able to complete

Good morning/afternoon for everyone.

We are facing errors on the processes of datawarehouse that are being executed nightly.

The actual error appears to be this one:

Failed to execute Exporter 'SnapshotLocationData' from file C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\Inventory\Exporter\fnmpdatawarehouse\BusinessIntelligenceData.xml, at step line 1
Error: The locale id '1033' of the source column 'Level1Name' and the locale id '3082' of the destination column 'Level1Name' do not match.

Maybe there is something duplicated? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

(2) Solutions

Can you run the following SQL Query and verify that all of the databases have the same collation, including the TEMPDB?

select name, collation_name from sys.databases

Please look at the following KB Article that I found related to your issue:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FNMS-Internal-Knowledge-Base/Data-warehouse-export-fails/ta-p/1373

View solution in original post

Attached is a screen print of the KB Article.  If you choose to update the Adapter XML, I would recommend making a backup copy first.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

@jjgarcia_sia - This is an error from Microsoft SQL Server.

The Data Warehouse process copied data from the FNMS "Compliance" database into the FNMS "data warehouse" database.  The error indicates that the collation of the 2 databases do not match.  The Locale ID '1033' is US English.  The Local ID of '3082' is Spanish.  The source would be your Compliance database and your destination would be your Data Warehouse database.

I am not sure why the Locale ID of these 2 databases do not match.  Are they on the same SQL Server?

Good afternoon, thankyou so much for the quick answer. Yes they are, it is an on-premise installation that is actually working since 3 years ago. That never happened before.

We are on Spain, so maybe the Data Warehouse collation was changed on some maintenance by mistake by administrators. We will check.

Good afternoon / morning. Thanks Kclausen, I'm afraid, but both databases share the very same collation.

How can it be, it changes at runtime? seems to make no sense.

Thanks in advance.Captura de Pantalla 2021-10-14 a les 15.38.08.pngCaptura de Pantalla 2021-10-14 a les 15.37.31.png

Can you run the following SQL Query and verify that all of the databases have the same collation, including the TEMPDB?

select name, collation_name from sys.databases

Please look at the following KB Article that I found related to your issue:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FNMS-Internal-Knowledge-Base/Data-warehouse-export-fails/ta-p/1373

Thanks Kclausen. The master and temdb are on standard 'modern spanish 100' collation.

It had never failed previously, 4 years, and also it fails sometimes and other times it is not failing.

We tried to access the community link that was pointed out, but we have no rights to access to it.

Thanks in advance.

Attached is a screen print of the KB Article.  If you choose to update the Adapter XML, I would recommend making a backup copy first.