cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS 2019 R1 on prem issue with rules not showing the rule id running.

FNMS 2019 R1 on prem issue with rules not showing the rule id running.

We have two beacons running the same rule but the logging of those rule executions on one of the beacons only shows Async instead of the ID(rules-483) of the rule that is running.

Beacon 1:

2019-11-19 11:54:09,778 [.VirtualizationVisitor|Async] [INFO ] Queued virtualization inventory execution on device '111.111.111.111' using protocol https and port 443

Beacon 2:

2019-11-19 05:04:02,659 [.VirtualizationVisitor|rules-483] [INFO ] Finished processing task of type 'TaskType_V12nInventory' on target '111.111.111.111' with result '0'

Anyone else also experiencing this.  Not sure if it is causing problems but we cannot debug properly without the correct information in log file.

Thank you.l

(1) Solution

I managed to find the guide I wrote and when I researched it back then, the "rules-123" etc will show if the task was triggered via the scheduler.

If the task was manually triggered then it won't show the rule ID.

Does this help?

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
Hi Kevin,

This is normal as I recall, I wrote a guide several years ago that covered this scenario so I’ll see if I can dig it out and find the reason.

As a FYI, exit code 0 means success so it’s not causing any issues.
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

I managed to find the guide I wrote and when I researched it back then, the "rules-123" etc will show if the task was triggered via the scheduler.

If the task was manually triggered then it won't show the rule ID.

Does this help?

Your explanation matches perfectly to what I was doing a seeing as a result as well as makes sense.  Thank you.