cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while opening FlexNet Beacon

Hello Team,

Getting below error while opening beacon UI. 

Dose anyone already faced this issue Please let me know the resolution.

I found below error in inventorybeacon.log 

[Beacon.Program ] [ERROR] An error has occurred in the Inventory Beacon.
System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at Flexera.Beacon.Common.SAPLandscapes.ReadSapLandscapeFile(String fileName)
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Beacon.DetailPanels.ConnectionsPanelSAP..ctor()
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Beacon.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Beacon.MainForm..ctor()
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Beacon.Program.Main(String[] args)

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This stack trace makes me think that the following file on the beacon may be corrupted and doesn't contain valid XML content: C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\SAPSystemLandscape.xml

Can you check whether the content in that file looks reasonable?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

Yes found issue in "SAPSystemLandscape.xml" it was blank. After replacing the file beacon is opening fine.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Did you recently create a business adapter that might have some issue?  Other users in this forum who had the same error you did said that deleting a recently created business adapter resolved their issue.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Root-element-is-missing-error/td-p/127550

--Mark

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This stack trace makes me think that the following file on the beacon may be corrupted and doesn't contain valid XML content: C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\SAPSystemLandscape.xml

Can you check whether the content in that file looks reasonable?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Yes found issue in "SAPSystemLandscape.xml" it was blank. After replacing the file beacon is opening fine.