cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Config.ps1 Powershell Script - FNMP 2019 R2 On-Premise

Hello everyone!

Everything run pretty smooth, the Config.ps1 started to execute, configured a lot of credentials until the following error ocurred:

Executing step Configure FNMP database for operators. C:\Flexera\FlexNet Manager Suite\Support\Config.ps1 : Exception calling "ExecuteNonQuery" with "0" argument(s): "Error 515, Level 16, State 2, Procedure ResetCognosRole, Line 27, Message: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'GroupID', table 'FNMSCompliance.dbo.RoleRight_MT'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails." At line:1 char:1 + .\Config.ps1 ".\Config\FNMS Windows Authentication Config.xml" + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Config.ps1], MethodInvocationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : SqlException,Config.ps1

Any Ideas?

Thanks!!!

(4) Replies

Hi Leonardo,

Interpreting the error message from your PowerShell script:

In FNMS, for configuring the COGNOS Reporting (aka "Flexera Analytics"):

• There needs to be one user role that has the "Business reporting Portal" privilege configured.
  • In the configuration for this role, the "Analytics Administrator" privilege needs to be set to "Allow".

The default installation will create one FNMS role named "Business Reporting Portal Admin" that is configured as described above. This role may be assigned to a single user only.

In FNMS, can you go to 'Admin (cogs) > Accounts > Roles" and make sure your system is configured like this before re-running the PowerShell script, please?

Hey thanks for the reply.

The problem is that I don´t even have a web ui ready yet as the config.ps1 script is getting this error. Wierd that he is executing everything right and exits in this part. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Leonardo,

Ah ...

To work around this problem, I would suggest to:

1. Run the attached SQL script 'sp_ResetCognosRoleWorkAround.sql' on your [FNMSCompliance] database
  2. Re-Run your configuration PowerShell script. It should complete to the end without any error messages
  3. Fix the configuration issue with the "Business reporting Portal" user role from the FNMS Web UI as I described previously
  4. Run the attached SQL script 'sp_ResetCognosRole.sql' for restoring the original stored procedure
  5. Run the following SQL command on on your [FNMSCompliance] database: EXEC dbo.ResetCognosRole

That should be it ...

Thanks!

In the end a bunch of other problems started to show up until I´ve noticed that for some wierd reason the SQL Server machine was in the domain but had no trust relationship with it.

For the records, the customer is a huge world service provider which uses Apache Guacamole to access their servers which creates "temporary" administrators in the machine everytime you access it. In the end I rejoined the machine to the domain after erasing everything in the AD and reinstalled SQL Server after that.

So finally, things worked as it should.

Cheers!