cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does The 2023R2 Mac Agent (Internal version 21.3) Require Rosetta 2 on Apple M-Series Processors?

Hi all ...

According to the "Gathering Flexnet Inventory" documentation regarding the 2023R2 agent's system requirements:

If you need to run the FlexNet inventory agent of version 20.1 or earlier on an Apple M-series processor ("Apple silicon"), Rosetta 2 must be installed and running. This is Apple's solution for transitioning most Intel-based applications to run on Apple silicon. 

The snippet above refers to the 20.1 version, and the 2023R2 agent is version 21.3 ... so is Rosetta 2 still required?

Practically speaking, I think the answer to this is yes because a test deployment of the 2023R2 Mac agent failed because Rosetta 2 was not running or missing.  But I want to be certain that I didn't miss something because the snippet above implies that it's not needed for the 21.3 agent.

--Mark

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

FlexNet inventory agent versions 2023 R1.1 (20.2) and newer do [should!] not require Rosetta 2, as per notes on the following page: https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/Features/index.html#FeatureList/2023R1-1/RN-chg-Compatibility.html

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hmmmm ... I need to follow up with my Mac folks and understand what they ran into.  I'll circle back with what they tell me.

--Mark