cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FNMS Cloud support multi-languages? Does it have a non-English version?

Does FNMS Cloud support multi-language? Does it allow non-English characters (e.g. Russian, Chinese, etc) to be inputted in the fields? Also, does FNMS have a non-English version?

(2) Solutions

Each user in FNMS can change the language that FNMS' UI is displayed in. This setting is controlled by selecting the User's name > My Preferences, the default language can be changed to one of the following languages: 

• English
  • French (online help available only for SAP)
  • German
  • Japanese (online help available only in English)
  • Spanish (online help available only in English)

Please note that this only changes UI and does not translate the incoming data that FNMS collects. 

You can find the documentation on this setting in the Online help, linked below: 
https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/UsrPrefs-MyPrefs.html

As for entering non-English characters, while I have not added non-English data, FNMS does support displaying non-English data that is in the system, so I imagine that you can enter non-English characters.

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

@epsrosal  

If helps, in the current Application Recognition Library we do have Russian and Chinese language as showing below 

Chinese.PNGRussian.PNG

Therefore as long as you have foreign language evidence you can create the application as well. It means the software recognition and the later license calculation (If there is a license linked to those app) will work as all other English one. Hope it helps.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Each user in FNMS can change the language that FNMS' UI is displayed in. This setting is controlled by selecting the User's name > My Preferences, the default language can be changed to one of the following languages: 

• English
  • French (online help available only for SAP)
  • German
  • Japanese (online help available only in English)
  • Spanish (online help available only in English)

Please note that this only changes UI and does not translate the incoming data that FNMS collects. 

You can find the documentation on this setting in the Online help, linked below: 
https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/UsrPrefs-MyPrefs.html

As for entering non-English characters, while I have not added non-English data, FNMS does support displaying non-English data that is in the system, so I imagine that you can enter non-English characters.

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

@epsrosal  

If helps, in the current Application Recognition Library we do have Russian and Chinese language as showing below 

Chinese.PNGRussian.PNG

Therefore as long as you have foreign language evidence you can create the application as well. It means the software recognition and the later license calculation (If there is a license linked to those app) will work as all other English one. Hope it helps.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
Thanks for this information, @Flex-Jeremy !