cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Properties Section Creation

Hello,

I am currently having difficulty understanding what the 'UIInserttTypeID' and 'ReleativePositionTo' values are needed when creating a new section within a tab.

Can someone help me understand how do I figure out if I want a custom control either 'Before the anchor' or 'After the anchor'?

Attached is the 'FNMSSystemReference' guide for context.

Thank you.

- David

(5) Replies

Internal properties for each object type in FNMSSystemReference.pdf has first column that represents UI heading for each group on each tab, control represent name of the UI control for user usability and last column named Internal Name represent the actual control name used within the code. e.g you like to add and property of type text under Identification tab > Identification group after publisher property. you will should property type text and relative position after control name publisher.

Positioning UIInsertTypeID Comments

1. Before UIInsertTypeID = 1 Before the anchor >>>(before the specified property in example above it will before publisher)
  2. After UIInsertTypeID = 2 After the anchor >>>(after the specified property in example above it will after publisher)
  3. Start of UIInsertTypeID = 3 At the start of an existing tab or section (not applicable
    for other types of anchor) >>> (It mean beginning of the mentioned tab)

HTH

Aamer

Hi @AamerSharif,

Thanks for your reply.

So if I wanted to add an additional field within the Consumption Tab for all user based licenses, would this be the correct SQL statement?

EXEC dbo.AddPropertyToWebUIPropertiesPage
@TargetTypeID = 12,
@ExcludeTargetSubTypeIDs = '1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30',
@Name = 'Paygrade_Level',
@CultureType = 'en-US',
@DisplayNameInPage = 'Paygrade Level',
@DisplayNameInReport = 'Paygrade Level',
@TabName = 'Tab_Consumption',
@UIInsertTypeID = 2,
@UIFieldTypeID = 3,
@RelativePositionTo = 'Section_RelatedEmployees',
@SequenceNumber = '10001',
@Position = 0,
@Width = 1,
@DataSource = ', 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9',
@DataSourceDelimiter = ',',
@Required = 0,
@StringLength = 256,
@ReadOnly = 0

Hi David, Looks good to me. it would not appear within the grid but on the consumption page.

Well done, Nice job!!!

I am sure your example will help lots of other community members.

Cheers,
Aamer 

Hi, @davidle ,

From attached print screen it looks like you are trying to add custom property on User object.

If you want have unique ‘Paygrade Level’ per user then you should look how to add property on TargetTypeID 15 (user object). If you want to set ‘Paygrade Level’ value for your license, then it is ok to use TargetTypeID 12.

License level property won’t be shown on the ‘Related users’ grid, as grid has user dimension. And you have to test if it will be shown on ‘Related users’ grid if you will add custom property on User object. My guess it won’t be shown, but I have never tried this.

Marius

Hi @marius ,

Thanks for your input.

I was told by support that an Enhancement Request must be submitted in order to add a custom field within the 'related users' grid.

- David