cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to the .nds schedule files?

Has there been a change to the schedule files (.nds) ?

In documentation there is information which appears to be out of date as it shows the following

NAME="Default Machine Schedule"
NAME="Update Machine Policy"
NAME="Update Client Settings"
NAME="Upload Client Files"

Gathering FlexNet Inventory FlexNet Manager Suite 2022 R2 - Schedule Files (.nds) (flexera.com)

But the latest  files don't appear to have "Update Client Settings" on the beacon %CommonAppData%\Flexera Software\Staging\Common\Schedules

Is this something that is now not needed or has it been moved to another place in the processing ?

Thanks

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I think "Update Client Settings" events are used with FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R1 and earlier systems. On newer systems, these settings are delivered through client policy details.

The sample schedule information on the page you referenced shows an example of the type of details that might be found in schedule files. It is not intended to be an exact representation of all events and other details that you will see in your schedule.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I think "Update Client Settings" events are used with FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R1 and earlier systems. On newer systems, these settings are delivered through client policy details.

The sample schedule information on the page you referenced shows an example of the type of details that might be found in schedule files. It is not intended to be an exact representation of all events and other details that you will see in your schedule.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)