cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we import inventory from InTune like we do from SCCM into FNMS?

Can we import inventory from InTune like we do from SCCM into FNMS?

(1) Solution

Importing data from InTune would require a custom inventory adapter to be configured as there is no out-of-the-box integration with FlexNet Manager Suite available.

With that said, I believe InTune gathers less data related to software compared to SCCM. My knowledge of InTune is somewhat limited (i.e. somebody else with more knowledge may correct me), but I believe at this time InTune does not provide the following data:

• Publisher information for installed software applications
  • File inventory
  • Maybe application usage (or if this is available, it may not be in a form that FlexNet Manager Suite is able to consume)

The limitations in usable data available from InTune may invite further consideration of using the FlexNet inventory agent for gathering data. The following recent post may provide insight to help consider this further: The big choice for gathering inventory: the FlexNet inventory agent or tool "XYZ"?

Also see the following thread for more discussion about InTune: FNMS Intune connector?

NB. The link that @mfranz provided is to an area of the community used by Flexera's partners and internal employees, so may not work for you unless you have a partner agreement in place with Flexera.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Importing data from InTune would require a custom inventory adapter to be configured as there is no out-of-the-box integration with FlexNet Manager Suite available.

With that said, I believe InTune gathers less data related to software compared to SCCM. My knowledge of InTune is somewhat limited (i.e. somebody else with more knowledge may correct me), but I believe at this time InTune does not provide the following data:

• Publisher information for installed software applications
  • File inventory
  • Maybe application usage (or if this is available, it may not be in a form that FlexNet Manager Suite is able to consume)

The limitations in usable data available from InTune may invite further consideration of using the FlexNet inventory agent for gathering data. The following recent post may provide insight to help consider this further: The big choice for gathering inventory: the FlexNet inventory agent or tool "XYZ"?

Also see the following thread for more discussion about InTune: FNMS Intune connector?

NB. The link that @mfranz provided is to an area of the community used by Flexera's partners and internal employees, so may not work for you unless you have a partner agreement in place with Flexera.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
You can also vote and subscribe for this functionality on the Ideas portal: https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ITAM-I-158