cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon IIS logs showing status 500 for all the agents trying to communicate with the Beacon

Hi Forum,

Recently upgraded the OS and SQL to 2019 and later upgraded the Suite to 2020R1 and due to some reasons Agents were unable to communicate with the Beacon and showing 500 status code in IIS logs and its the same for all the agents communicating to that particular beacon.

Also, the Beacon IIS log is displaying the error as below

[Http.controllers ] [error] [End][Defaultcontrollerselector.selectcontroller]

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.APM.Datacollecting.Procedures.Mvc.4.0, Version=7.0.5000.0, culture=neutral,Publickeytoken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.

Anyone came across the above scenarios and any guidance on resolving this issues.

Regards,

Winvarma. 

(1) Solution

Did you upgrade the OS in-place, rather than doing a clean install of the OS and beacon components? If you have tried that then you're braver than I am (and this thread is reminding me why I would not recommend doing that :-)).

The following StackOverflow post is describing a similar error after an OS upgrade: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Apm.DataCollecting.Producers.Mvc.4.0. In that case the poster was able to resolve their problem by:

1. Repairing the IIS URL Rewrite Module
  2. Uninstalling Microsoft Monitoring Agent which contains the assembly that [the] application is complaining about.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Hi @winvarma ,

Did you upgraded the OS on the beacon server? If yes, how was the OS upgrade done? If you reimage the beacon server, did you correctly installed the IIS and all the prerequisites? Also did you configure the ASP.NET? 

Error 500 seems to be an internal server error, probably related to IIS 

Did you upgrade the OS in-place, rather than doing a clean install of the OS and beacon components? If you have tried that then you're braver than I am (and this thread is reminding me why I would not recommend doing that :-)).

The following StackOverflow post is describing a similar error after an OS upgrade: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Apm.DataCollecting.Producers.Mvc.4.0. In that case the poster was able to resolve their problem by:

1. Repairing the IIS URL Rewrite Module
  2. Uninstalling Microsoft Monitoring Agent which contains the assembly that [the] application is complaining about.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

There is no other option and have to go with an in-place upgrade of not only the Beacon but all the Flexera core servers.

Thanks for sharing the thread and let me see if the suggestions will help resolving the issues and will post an update with the observations.

Regards,

Winvarma

Hi Team,

After uninstalling the monitoring agent from the beacon and other FNMS servers the issue got resolved however the issue is re-occuring even though the beacon server is not installed with a monitoring agent.

All the agents are showing 500 status in IIS logs and all the agents installed in different servers reporting to that beacon inventory is not getting updated from a week.

Any thread on how to do IIS URL rewrite is creating this issue as a part of troubleshooting.

Any further suggestions so that the issue will not repeat.

Many thanks in advance

Regards,

Winvarma

Hi Adrian,

Yes we did an in-place upgrade on the Beacon server and no changes done at IIS level. May be a reconfigure of IIS would set things and will give a try doing that.

Thanks