cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrPotato
Active participant

Batch license allocation

Jump to solution

I'm looking for a way to allocate licenses to users in batch for a named-user type of a license, preferably via some built-in functionality. It's rather inconvenient to go through users one by one for n > 20...

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
mfranz
Analyst

Re: Batch license allocation

Jump to solution

Hi,

Have you considered creating a Business Import using the Business Adapter Studio? You could either:

• import from a list, like Excel or CSV
  • or create a logic to assign these users (might not be possible , depending on your data)

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mfranz
Analyst

Jump to solution

You can use the business import to remove allocations. Just have a look at the "Update Rule":

2019-07-29_09h31_23.png

The last option is tricky as it will remove all unfound allocations, system-wide.

I usually go with the 3rd option, but please keep in mind that a specific license must still be part of your dataset to be considered by this. If it's not in your data anymore, the import will ignore it completely (at least with that 3rd option).

3 Replies
mfranz
Analyst

Jump to solution

Hi,

Have you considered creating a Business Import using the Business Adapter Studio? You could either:

• import from a list, like Excel or CSV
  • or create a logic to assign these users (might not be possible , depending on your data)

Best regards,

Markward

0 Kudos
MrPotato
Active participant

Jump to solution

Do you know if it's possible to de-allocate all users during the new import in BAS?

Or does it need a dedicated mechanic to first de-allocate users (via SQL? or manually) and then the one implemented previously to allocate a new list of users.

At this point, since I'm exporting a list of users to allocate from the AD group, it is easier for me to do a clean allocation every time instead of incremental updates.

0 Kudos
mfranz
Analyst

Jump to solution

You can use the business import to remove allocations. Just have a look at the "Update Rule":

2019-07-29_09h31_23.png

The last option is tricky as it will remove all unfound allocations, system-wide.

I usually go with the 3rd option, but please keep in mind that a specific license must still be part of your dataset to be considered by this. If it's not in your data anymore, the import will ignore it completely (at least with that 3rd option).