cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch license allocation

I'm looking for a way to allocate licenses to users in batch for a named-user type of a license, preferably via some built-in functionality. It's rather inconvenient to go through users one by one for n > 20...

(2) Solutions
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Have you considered creating a Business Import using the Business Adapter Studio? You could either:

• import from a list, like Excel or CSV
  • or create a logic to assign these users (might not be possible , depending on your data)

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

You can use the business import to remove allocations. Just have a look at the "Update Rule":

2019-07-29_09h31_23.png

The last option is tricky as it will remove all unfound allocations, system-wide.

I usually go with the 3rd option, but please keep in mind that a specific license must still be part of your dataset to be considered by this. If it's not in your data anymore, the import will ignore it completely (at least with that 3rd option).

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Have you considered creating a Business Import using the Business Adapter Studio? You could either:

• import from a list, like Excel or CSV
  • or create a logic to assign these users (might not be possible , depending on your data)

Best regards,

Markward

Do you know if it's possible to de-allocate all users during the new import in BAS?

Or does it need a dedicated mechanic to first de-allocate users (via SQL? or manually) and then the one implemented previously to allocate a new list of users.

At this point, since I'm exporting a list of users to allocate from the AD group, it is easier for me to do a clean allocation every time instead of incremental updates.

You can use the business import to remove allocations. Just have a look at the "Update Rule":

2019-07-29_09h31_23.png

The last option is tricky as it will remove all unfound allocations, system-wide.

I usually go with the 3rd option, but please keep in mind that a specific license must still be part of your dataset to be considered by this. If it's not in your data anymore, the import will ignore it completely (at least with that 3rd option).

Hi MrPotato, do you have you BA to share? Looking to do the same for a bunch of users. Would be helpful if you share the BA and the template.

Regards.

Would also like to know what others use for this.

Seems difficult to have to run a business adapter every time you want to allocate named users. It would be nice if you could run a report (in Flexera) of users that hit certain apps, then bulk select those users and allocate in the tool. 

Often the 'named users' change quite a bit, so would be easier to adjust more on the fly. 

@MrPotato  do you still have an example of the biz adapter you ran? Thanks !