cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup all data of FNMS 2018 R1

I know it is a basic question but I find nothing detailed in the documentation.

How can I create a backup of all the data (POs, licenses, inventory, cost center, etc.) and then restore it in the same Server? Thanks 

(1) Solution
tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi Oliver, You simply use a full backup of the FNMS database and restore the data from there. This is all configured on SQL Server level. We recommend doing backups daily. Your local DB admin will definitely be able to help you with this. Before you restore from backup, make sure to stop all FNMS related services on the application server. Best regards Thorsten
Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi Oliver, You simply use a full backup of the FNMS database and restore the data from there. This is all configured on SQL Server level. We recommend doing backups daily. Your local DB admin will definitely be able to help you with this. Before you restore from backup, make sure to stop all FNMS related services on the application server. Best regards Thorsten
Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

I would also add to back up the HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ManageSoft Corp keys in case you have modified them and need to reference back to them.

“Things are only impossible until they are not.”
― Jean-Luc Picard