cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMC ADDM Adapter fails to export data from BMC Discovery version 24.2.x (XML config)

Our customer recently updated their BMC Discovery from v23 to v24.2.

After that, the regular Flexera's BMC Adapter stopped working due to the following errors.

1. On the "Inventory adapter" level:

The staging state of the source ADDM staging database is currently set to "failed". 

2. In the ADDM extractor log:

: ERROR : *** ERROR: Failed to execute the query configured for this step on the ADDM server: A query was supplied to the ADDM server, but the server has failed to interpret that query.  

Core reason:

Here is the exact query in the FnmpADDMSettings.XML:

<!-- ADDM Version info -->
<mapping description="ADDM Version">
<query>
<![CDATA[ LOOKUP Version ]]>
</query>
<table filename="ADDMVersion.xml" db-name="ADDMVersion_ci">
<column src="Version" dest="Version" data-size="32" data-type="System.String"/>
<column src="Release" dest="Release" data-size="32" data-type="System.String"/>
<column src="Release Name" dest="Release Name" data-size="32" data-type="System.String"/>
</table>
</mapping>

Solution:

The query appears to be case-sensitive. So, instead of "Version", it should go like this:

LOOKUP version

See the reference documents from BMC:

https://docs.bmc.com/docs/discovery/242/using-the-query-language-1313330792.html#UsingtheQueryLanguage-MetadataLOOKUPexpressions

(1) Solution

Hi Chris,

Thanks for suggesting the Idea Portal! Knowing how to share ideas with the Product Team is always good.

In this post, I also share the solution that worked for me. 

Changing  "LOOKUP Version" to "LOOKUP version" did the trick.

This is a small change, but it took some time to find it. Thus, I decided to share it here.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

BMC Discovery (ADDM) 24.2 is not yet supported by Flexera One ITAM or current versions of FlexNet Manager Suite, and it looks like the adapter to connect to that system will require an update to support this version.

If you would like support for this version, it may be helpful to log an idea about it in Flexera Ideas. This will help raise it to the attention of the Flexera Product Managers, and also allow other people to vote on it to help assess the level of interest there is in prioritizing this work.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for suggesting the Idea Portal! Knowing how to share ideas with the Product Team is always good.

In this post, I also share the solution that worked for me. 

Changing  "LOOKUP Version" to "LOOKUP version" did the trick.

This is a small change, but it took some time to find it. Thus, I decided to share it here.

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

You should post your finding as an answer, so we can mark it as a solution.