cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating the Status of Applications in FNM On-Prem

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Is there a method for automating the status of an application in FNM? There isn't an application object available in business adapter studio, but if someone has developed a SQL query or utilized a stored procedure with the custom query and could share it here that would be great. Looking for a way to take our approved software list and set to authorized and vice/versa with unauthorized software. Currently I only see an option to manually set the status either in the application details or via bulk select in the WebUI. 

Thanks!

- Dan

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I see nobody has responded to this query yet, so I'll take a shot.

The status (aka "action") of application records can be updated directly in the compliance database through the SoftwareTitleActionID column in the SoftwareTitle_S and SoftwareTitle_T views. The ID identifies one of the statuses in the SoftwareTitleAction table.

For example:

UPDATE SoftwareTitle_S
SET SoftwareTitleActionID = 4 /* ignored */
WHERE FullName = 'Uninteresting software 1.0'

Update SoftwareTitle_S ("S" for "Shared") as shown above to set the status of applications in the Flexera published ARL. Or update SoftwareTitle_T ("T" for "Tenant-local") to set the status of local ARL applications.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I see nobody has responded to this query yet, so I'll take a shot.

The status (aka "action") of application records can be updated directly in the compliance database through the SoftwareTitleActionID column in the SoftwareTitle_S and SoftwareTitle_T views. The ID identifies one of the statuses in the SoftwareTitleAction table.

For example:

UPDATE SoftwareTitle_S
SET SoftwareTitleActionID = 4 /* ignored */
WHERE FullName = 'Uninteresting software 1.0'

Update SoftwareTitle_S ("S" for "Shared") as shown above to set the status of applications in the Flexera published ARL. Or update SoftwareTitle_T ("T" for "Tenant-local") to set the status of local ARL applications.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hey @ChrisG thanks for this. The only change I had to make to it was running the UPDATE command against the SoftwareTitle_S table. If you only run it against the SoftwareTitle view it fails to execute  with the following error  --

"Msg 50000, Level 16, State 1, Procedure SoftwareTitleNotUpdateable, Line 3 [Batch Start Line 12] View SoftwareTitle is not updateable. Use SoftwareTitle_T to modify tenant data or SoftwareTitle_S to modify shared data."

The other note I'll make is the results are not immediately seen in the WebUI, but are available after a full reconciliation is ran.

Thanks for the assistance!

- Dan

Thanks for the correction. Original post above updated.

Nice - this is very helpful!