cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application evidence type

Hello,

I came across Raw evidence type = uninstall while doing validation on inventory in FNMS.

Could anyone enlighten me, what does this mean?

raw evidence type.png

Thank you!

(1) Solution

@intannh @flexeranoob 

Type "Uninstall" indicates usually an entry in the Windows Uninstall registry. That's what you can see also under Add/Remove Programs.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

If the product is not really installed anymore and only the registry entries are left, you could remove the entry from the device registry.

Here an KB article about it:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/What-is-quot-Uninstall-quot-evidence/ta-p/6040

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Thanks!  I am interested in finding out more about this as well.  Does this imply that the product has been uninstalled, and there are traces in registry etc?  If this is correct, and I do not want to count this towards installation, how do I proceed?

@intannh @flexeranoob 

Type "Uninstall" indicates usually an entry in the Windows Uninstall registry. That's what you can see also under Add/Remove Programs.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

If the product is not really installed anymore and only the registry entries are left, you could remove the entry from the device registry.

Here an KB article about it:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/What-is-quot-Uninstall-quot-evidence/ta-p/6040

Thanks for the above. This is helpful.  However, it is misleading to see the uninstalled applications in the total count.  Is there a way we can view the license position without this?

@flexeranoob - The name here is misleading.  These ARE NOT applications that are uninstalled. The evidence that is being discussed here is the same information you would see in the Windows Control Panel when you view Add/Remove Programs.  They are in the 'Uninstall' section of the WIndows Registry is this is the information that Windows will use when a request is made to Uninstall one of the applications.  After the application is removed, the "Uninstall" entry in the Registry and in the Add/Remove Programs list is deleted.  When the new inventory for this device is received by FNMS, the list of applications will be updated and this former application will no longer be shown as an Installed Application on the device.