cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter files are deleted in few minutes

Hi,

we have a custom adapter built using a power shell script for Oracle LMS. So when we place files related to the adapter C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\Inventory\Reader, after 5 minutes the custom adapter folder is deleted automatically, not sure why. Do we need to make any configuration so that it won't be deleted?

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Are you placing these files on the beacon or application server?

You need to put them on the application server. Beacons download the latest adapter files from the application server from time to time, so any changes you make locally on a beacon will be overridden.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

The Data Imports page shows sources that data has been imported from; it doesn't show adapters (custom or otherwise) that are configured. Do see something appearing on that page, configure a connection using your adapter, and then wait for it to run and data to be imported.

(Tip for the future: This is a separate question from the focus of this thread. To help others with the same question in the future, it is always a good idea to start a new thread in Flexera Community for each unique topic.)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Are you placing these files on the beacon or application server?

You need to put them on the application server. Beacons download the latest adapter files from the application server from time to time, so any changes you make locally on a beacon will be overridden.

Thanks for the quick response @ChrisG, Yes I was placing the files in the beacon server. So do I need to place it only in the application server or both servers?

You only need to place the files on the application server.

The beacon will download the files from the application server, and then you will be able to configure an inventory source connection based on the adapter.

Thank you @ChrisG , it worked 🙂

Another question, Why don't I see the custom adapter in the data input section of the Flexera Website even after scheduling it in the beacon application?

The Data Imports page shows sources that data has been imported from; it doesn't show adapters (custom or otherwise) that are configured. Do see something appearing on that page, configure a connection using your adapter, and then wait for it to run and data to be imported.

(Tip for the future: This is a separate question from the focus of this thread. To help others with the same question in the future, it is always a good idea to start a new thread in Flexera Community for each unique topic.)

Sure , thank you