i'm getting the below error when synching technopedia from my FDP console 

Activity : Object Reference not set to an instance of object 

Version : 2021.04.27

FDP : 5.5.35. Build 20201028_3018

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This error may indicate that a problem related to applying a Data Platform updated occurred.

Try deleting the C:\Program Files\Data Platform\Bin\PatchSetMD5cache.json file (take a backup copy of the file first!), and then click Sync Catalog.

Data Platform versions 5.5.47 and later shouldn't encounter this issue.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

@emtmeta 

This can be a symptom of multiple issues (AFAIK), do you have more details from the log?

Thanks,

@JohnSorensenDK  thanks for your feedback.

May i know back end log for this ?

Regards,

Junaid Vengadan

@emtmeta 

It would be BDNA.log that by default is placed in C:\Program Files\BDNA\Data Platform\log

Thanks,

Thanks for that, below is log says.

2021-12-13 13:28:58,611 0 ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at bms.Server.Service.SynchronizeService.GetPatchsetMd5FromCache(Dictionary`2 md5Dict, String patchPath, String workFolder)
at bms.Server.Service.SynchronizeService.GetLocalFileInfos()
at BDNA.Agent.NBR.Flow.SynchronizeFlow.Start()
at BDNA.Agent.NBR.Flow.BaseFlow.Execute()

@emtmeta 

I can see that you've raised this with support (which is the right approach) so please inform the community about its resolution when the root cause has been found, if you think other forum members could benefit from it.

Thanks,

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This error may indicate that a problem related to applying a Data Platform updated occurred.

Try deleting the C:\Program Files\Data Platform\Bin\PatchSetMD5cache.json file (take a backup copy of the file first!), and then click Sync Catalog.

Data Platform versions 5.5.47 and later shouldn't encounter this issue.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG , thanks for the feedback,

Yes this was exactly what we did and the issue got fixed.