cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Java v311 Obsolete Date

Flexera team:

• Oracle releases Java patches quarterly
  • After Oracle’s update, Flexera generally updates the obsolete date for the older version to be the date that the newer version is released
  • I noticed that JDK/JRE v321 were released Jan 19, 2022.  However v311 still shows an obs. date of 12/31/2999.

Can you advise why the new dates have not been loaded yet?

Interestingly, in Oracle's own SW patch releases, they actually include the prior version of JRE/JDK (so a release  today for a non-JRE/JDK Oracle product would come with v311, not v321. 

As such while I think their web site indicates that when a new JRE/JDK version is released, any prior versions are no longer supported, it almost seems like by including the "now obsolete" versions in their own products, they are almost indicating that "obsolete" for the older version is really not for another 3 months.  Would be interested in hearing Flexera's comments on this as well.

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PSMartin - posting here will connect you with other community users, but won't directly reach the Flexera team. If you want to specifically connect with somebody from Flexera then you may want to try reaching out to Flexera contacts you have, or contacting the Support team.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)