cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Source Software

Hi, I'm a little unclear as to when we will/won't see open source software Data Platform.

Am I correct in thinking that, I will be able to see them in Technopedia catalogue regardless of content packs we have, but Normalize will not report them in the data sources because we do not have the open source content pack?

Or is that they will be reported in Normalize data sources providing counts but we won't be able to report on licensing/compliancy becuase we don't have the open source content pack.

thanks

penelope

(1) Solution

@penelopej 

I'm so sorry, but I completely misunderstood your question... and also about the delay in responding to your follow-up questions...

What you're seeing is expected, except that Hangfire should also show up as normalized unless the recognition patterns misses the evidence seen in your environment, i.e. they should all show up in Technopedia and also in Normalized views provided that it's installed in your environment and being recognized. The Hangfire issue can be resolved by our content team if you create a support ticket and attach the relevant unmatched evidence from your environment that you think should be recognized.

What I was referring to merely being available provided that you're subscribing to the DejaCode Open Source content are these OSS attributes:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

@penelopej 

In my opinion your subscription would either include entitlement for DejaCode Open Source content for both Technopedia and Analyze or not at all. Are you seeing something different, e.g. are you able to browse the content through Technopedia even though you don't subscribe to this content?

Thanks,

Yes I'm definitely seeing something different.  For example, 

Mozilla Firefox - I believe to be open source software but I can see it in both Technopedia catalogue and in our normalization data. See screen shot attached

MongoDB - I believe to be open sources software but I can see it in both Technopedia catalogue and in our normalization data. See screen shot attached

Hangfire - I believe to be open sources software, I can see it in the Technopedia catalogue and I know we have installations of it in use but it is not appearing in our normalization data.

So I'm a little confused as to what is considered open source .....perhaps I have incorrect assumptions about what is open source......are the above not open source? thanks Pen

sorry i forgot to include the screen shots in previous reply

@penelopej 

I'm so sorry, but I completely misunderstood your question... and also about the delay in responding to your follow-up questions...

What you're seeing is expected, except that Hangfire should also show up as normalized unless the recognition patterns misses the evidence seen in your environment, i.e. they should all show up in Technopedia and also in Normalized views provided that it's installed in your environment and being recognized. The Hangfire issue can be resolved by our content team if you create a support ticket and attach the relevant unmatched evidence from your environment that you think should be recognized.

What I was referring to merely being available provided that you're subscribing to the DejaCode Open Source content are these OSS attributes:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

thanks @johnSorensenDK   I totally understand now!