Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Data Platform supported MS SQL Server Editions

oqueck
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

which of the following MS SQL Server Editions are supported by Flexera Data Platform and which not:

- MS SQL Server Express

- MS SQL Server Developer

- MS SQL Server Standard

- MS SQL Server Enterprise

Thanks & best regards

Oliver

(1) Solution

From an operational perspective, I believe Developer Edition is very similar to Enterprise Edition. So it is likely to work. However you are right that Developer Edition is indeed not listed as formally supported.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Data Platform 5.5 supports various versions of SQL Server Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition.

See the following page for full details: Software Specifications

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

thanks, would this mean MS SQL Server Developer is not supported. In our case we want to use MS SQL Server Developer for our Test / UAT environment and MS SQL Server Standard for our production environment. Should this work or should we only use the Standard everywhere?

Thanks & best regards

Oliver

From an operational perspective, I believe Developer Edition is very similar to Enterprise Edition. So it is likely to work. However you are right that Developer Edition is indeed not listed as formally supported.