cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Mashup: Multiple items to a Single Machine

I am looking to import a CSV into our data platform to populate database names against machines, I am thinking of keying on KEY-Hostname:Machine but I am worried about getting an error about duplicates.

I am very new to FDP.  I understand that there is a restriction around duplicate keying i.e. keying multiple times on the same hostname... I am thinking I need to generate a unique key on the source e.g.  Hostname\ins1:Database1, but this still doesnt resolve that a single machine can have multiple databases on it.  

I am interested in if anyone else has attempted this and how you may have approached the resolution. 

Example Data: 

Hostname

Instance Name

Database

Hostname1

Hostname1\INS1

Database1

Hostname1

Hostname1\INS1

Database2

Hostname2

Hostname2\INS1

Database3

Hostname3

Hostname3\INS1

Database4

Hostname3

Hostname3\INS2

Database5

(2) Replies
ajeffries
By Level 3 Flexeran
Level 3 Flexeran

Search the community for this guide - Data Platform 5.x Mashup Tutorial - It provides more information on the mashup process.

There are specific attributes you can key on listed in the guide such as hostname, domain\\hostname, IP address or serial number. You cannot make up your own identifier and the attribute has to have been imported with the discovery/inventory data.

I believe the mashup feature does not provide the option to have multiple values for a single column as in your database instance use case but it is worth testing

Here is a direct link to the "Data Platform 5.x Mashup Tutorial": https://community.flexera.com/t5/Data-Platform-Knowledge-Base/Data-Platform-5-x-Mashup-Tutorial/ta-p/5275

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)