In order to continue to deliver the excellent service that you have grown to expect from Flexera, we will be engaging, Intercom, Inc. as a subprocessor. We anticipate that Intercom’s engagement will commence from June 26, 2020 (“Effective date”).
Intercom is an American software company that produces a messaging platform which allows us to communicate with customers within our applications and on our website. This will enable improved on-boarding, support, and product research.
Intercom’s commitment to privacy
Intercom is Privacy Shield certified for both HR and non-HR data and our contract with them contains a data processing agreement which includes the EU Model Clauses to ensure appropriate protection of personal information of our customers.
Further information about Intercom’s commitment to privacy, and how they manage compliance with their obligations can be found here.
Our engagement with Intercom
We have undertaken appropriate due-diligence and are satisfied that Intercom will abide by the following requirements (in addition to any applicable legal requirements):
- Only process personal information in accordance with Flexera’s instructions,
- Ensure that all persons who may access the personal information are bound by obligations of confidentiality,
- Will conduct regular training in relation to data protection and information security,
- Implement and maintain appropriate technical and organization measures,
- Promptly notify Flexera of actual and/or suspected data breaches,
- Cooperate with Flexera in dealing with any requests from data subjects or supervisory authorities
We don't require you to take any action relative to this post - Intercom will commence providing services from the effective date provided above. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us (DataProtectionTeam@Flexera.com) and we'll be glad to address them.