cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users Not Importing

A customer is using SCCM only for user and computer importing into App Broker and not for deployment purposes. We have successfully imported computers into App Broker, although users still have not come in. We are under the impression that the Web Service does not need to be installed on the SCCM server because we won't be using it for deployment. Is the Web Service required for importing users? Are there other common causes of missing users when computers are importing properly?

(2) Solutions
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
No, the web service should not be required to import users. I'd suggest looking at the datasync.log or DataSyncExceptions.log to see if any exceptions or errors are occurring during the user sync process. if so, let me know what they are. If I had to guess, I'd say that perhaps you do not have all of the required columns, and as a result the user sync is failing.

Note: It is not necessary for a user to be associated with a device in order to sync users.

Thanks
Charles

View solution in original post

Yes, this is likely due to missing or incorrect discovery columns.  Take a look at my post here for more info.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Another question - if the customer does not have users assigned to devices in SCCM, App Broker would still import users, correct? And if not, how do you get the users into AB?

CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
No, the web service should not be required to import users. I'd suggest looking at the datasync.log or DataSyncExceptions.log to see if any exceptions or errors are occurring during the user sync process. if so, let me know what they are. If I had to guess, I'd say that perhaps you do not have all of the required columns, and as a result the user sync is failing.

Note: It is not necessary for a user to be associated with a device in order to sync users.

Thanks
Charles
Thanks Charles. I checked the logs and the DataSyncExceptions log does show an error - "Error while executing user sync for page ___ Object reference not set to an instance of a object". Could this error be related to the requirement to Extend System Center Configuration Manager user discovery attributes, as outlined in APT13 of the AB Installation guide?

Yes, this is likely due to missing or incorrect discovery columns.  Take a look at my post here for more info.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".