cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used/Utilized in View All Inventory page?..

Hello,

I've had the following question asked me by an App Portal user, 'in the "View all Inventory" screen. There are different columns for "Used" and "Utilized". I understand what "Used" is, but I'd like to know what "Utilized" is.'

I'd like to know if this is a common question, so If you know could you please share it with the group, or if not , then let us know and in a short while I'll publish the 'Official' Viewpoint.

thanks

alexsunny

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Utilized indicate that the software has been used within the threshold period that you have defined on your metering rule for your inventory group. When you add metering to your inventory group, this will create a metering collection in SCCM.. If a device is part of the metering collection, then this basically means that the device is underutilized, and subject to reclamation. If a device is in the inventory collection, but not in the metering collection, the it means that the device IS utilized. The utilized column is a percentage devices where the software is being utilized, as compared to simply installed

Note that when I say "threshold period", I'm referring to the 4 options that are available under the metering tab for the inventory group.. If you look at Selecting a Software Metering Rule to Determine Usage in the admin guide, you will see the settings to which I refer.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Utilized indicate that the software has been used within the threshold period that you have defined on your metering rule for your inventory group. When you add metering to your inventory group, this will create a metering collection in SCCM.. If a device is part of the metering collection, then this basically means that the device is underutilized, and subject to reclamation. If a device is in the inventory collection, but not in the metering collection, the it means that the device IS utilized. The utilized column is a percentage devices where the software is being utilized, as compared to simply installed

Note that when I say "threshold period", I'm referring to the 4 options that are available under the metering tab for the inventory group.. If you look at Selecting a Software Metering Rule to Determine Usage in the admin guide, you will see the settings to which I refer.