cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SetAlternateApproverAndOutOfOffice API

Has anyone experience of using the SetAlternateApproverAndOutOfOffice API (in AppPortal 2019 R1).

Does it behave exactly as it says in the doco – or is there anything I need to watch out for?

Thanks

(2) Solutions

I didn't even know this API existed or that there was documentation on it. 😀  It looks pretty straight-forward and should work as documented.  But I will call out that the alternate approver feature (not specific to the API) does not allow groups or multiple individuals, and there is no recursive behavior.  So, if you set an alternate approver that is also out of office, the approvals will not be routed to that alternate's alternate.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

We're looking like a couple of rookies 😀 I guess I did not realize we had an API to do this either. Seems to me that I created a custom web service to do just the same thing, at one point.  In any event, I just ran a brief test, and the API worked as expected. the uniqueUserName is the person who is out of the office, the uniqueApproverName is the alternate approver, and outOfOffice would be set to true if the uniqueUser is out of the office.  When the API is invoked, the changes should be seen in the table WD_ApproverStatus. 

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

I didn't even know this API existed or that there was documentation on it. 😀  It looks pretty straight-forward and should work as documented.  But I will call out that the alternate approver feature (not specific to the API) does not allow groups or multiple individuals, and there is no recursive behavior.  So, if you set an alternate approver that is also out of office, the approvals will not be routed to that alternate's alternate.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

We're looking like a couple of rookies 😀 I guess I did not realize we had an API to do this either. Seems to me that I created a custom web service to do just the same thing, at one point.  In any event, I just ran a brief test, and the API worked as expected. the uniqueUserName is the person who is out of the office, the uniqueApproverName is the alternate approver, and outOfOffice would be set to true if the uniqueUser is out of the office.  When the API is invoked, the changes should be seen in the table WD_ApproverStatus. 

One more question on this please.... when you tested and used uniqueUserName and uniqueApproverName .... where those names the values from the UniqueName column in the WD_User table?

Ours look like DOMAINNAME/Username

Thanks

I can't speak for what Charlie tested, but yes, any time you see a reference to "Unique...Name", this is referring to the DOMAIN\UserName format that you would find in the UniqueName column of WD_User.

Brilliant - thanks for that.

Top Kudoed Authors