cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect to a specific category in App Portal

We are trying to redirect users to a specific category in app portal, however, the redirect only works if the user logged into App Portal earlier in the day and the browser was left open, even if they moved to a different site.

If the user did not log in and clicks the link to re-direct they go directly to http://<app portal server>/esd.  I'm guessing this is because of Active X and/or DNS.

Is there a way for App Portal to redirect directly to the category even if the user hasn't logged in?

(1) Solution

I don't believe this has anything to do with ActiveX, Web Extensions, or Reverse DNS lookups (i.e. Computer Detection).  If I had to guess, I'd say this is probably a side effect of the changes that were made in 2018 R1 to make the new Software Reclamation Dashboard the home page for the site.  While that change was later "rolled back" in 2019 R1 to make the Browse Catalog screen the default home page, the underlying code was left there to allow customers to choose to default to the dashboard.  I'm pretty sure this code is written in a way that doesn't really give you options to land on any page you want.  I would suggest opening a support case to request a product enhancement to allow what you are trying to do (or more generically, if they have to redirect to a particular page for some reason, at least allow referral URL tracking so they can redirect back to the requested page when they are finished running whatever code they need to run).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

I don't believe this has anything to do with ActiveX, Web Extensions, or Reverse DNS lookups (i.e. Computer Detection).  If I had to guess, I'd say this is probably a side effect of the changes that were made in 2018 R1 to make the new Software Reclamation Dashboard the home page for the site.  While that change was later "rolled back" in 2019 R1 to make the Browse Catalog screen the default home page, the underlying code was left there to allow customers to choose to default to the dashboard.  I'm pretty sure this code is written in a way that doesn't really give you options to land on any page you want.  I would suggest opening a support case to request a product enhancement to allow what you are trying to do (or more generically, if they have to redirect to a particular page for some reason, at least allow referral URL tracking so they can redirect back to the requested page when they are finished running whatever code they need to run).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Top Kudoed Authors