cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible for a software authorizer to ask the end user a question within their request?

A customer is on App Broker 2022 R1 without using ServiceNow as the front end and is hoping there is a way to configure things to allow someone to ask the end user a question when that person receives a a software authorization? The attached screenshot shows where the customer was hoping this capability could be utilized, by having a column next to the existing ones (General, Approval Status, Notes etc.) called "Ask a Question" or something similar. 

I would try to figure this out on my own, but I don't yet have access to a test instance of AB so I'm hoping you fine folk can assist. Thanks!

(1) Solution

There is no way to dynamically add a "question" like what you see during the checkout flow.  However, an approver can use the "Request Info" button (as seen here) to ask a free-form question and "Notify Requester".  The requester would then receive an email with a link to respond.  All of this correspondence is then added to the Request Notes, which can be seen on the Notes tab of the request properties.

Can you expand a bit on the actual use case for this?  I'm just wondering if this could be done in a different way, depending on exactly what they are trying to accomplish with it.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

There is no way to dynamically add a "question" like what you see during the checkout flow.  However, an approver can use the "Request Info" button (as seen here) to ask a free-form question and "Notify Requester".  The requester would then receive an email with a link to respond.  All of this correspondence is then added to the Request Notes, which can be seen on the Notes tab of the request properties.

Can you expand a bit on the actual use case for this?  I'm just wondering if this could be done in a different way, depending on exactly what they are trying to accomplish with it.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thanks Jim. I informed the customer of this and asked for more information about the use case in question, but I haven't heard anything back. I think the use of the Request Info button is probably the solution they are looking for though. Thanks!