cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optional Data Migration for OSD Catalog Item

We are working on a self-service Win10 upgrade process using the App Portal.   I have been asked by our client engineering team if we can ask the requester whether (or not) they want to migrate user data during the OSD build task sequence and then turn on/off this step in the TS...  

So...could we ask a question during checkout and then toggle on or off the "data migration USMT" portion of a OSD build task sequence?   ....Maybe run a custom action on submit that sets a value "somewhere" that the TS script can read from....?

Any thoughts on this?

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

If you look at a question, you will note that there is a section which specifically deals with setting a task sequence variable for an OSD.. All you should have to do is set "Apply response to computer variable" (and the "apply variable to" and "Apply to build type" if you want to).. The task sequence would then need to "consume" the variable that was set by App Broker as part of a condition. The following screen capture shows the settings to which I refer:

QuestionVariable.png

Beyond that, just be sure to select the "Apply computer variables" checkbox on your catalog item.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

If you look at a question, you will note that there is a section which specifically deals with setting a task sequence variable for an OSD.. All you should have to do is set "Apply response to computer variable" (and the "apply variable to" and "Apply to build type" if you want to).. The task sequence would then need to "consume" the variable that was set by App Broker as part of a condition. The following screen capture shows the settings to which I refer:

QuestionVariable.png

Beyond that, just be sure to select the "Apply computer variables" checkbox on your catalog item.