cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark a catalog item not active in ServiceNow without archiving in AppPortal

I have unsuccessfully found anything in documentation but tried to uncheck "Global Options => Is enabled?" in hope it would update ServiceNow to make the catalog item not active.  Did not impact item in ServiceNow so I was hoping there was an option, without archiving a catalog item, to mark an item inactive in ServiceNow.

Any suggestions without manually going into ServiceNow to mark catalog items inactive?

(1) Solution

Under ITSM Integration > ServiceNow - Catalog Import Set Management Service > Create ServiceNow Import Set Record, set the active field to a value of ##PackageVisible##.  This is a bit field in the database that corresponds to the Enabled checkbox in the UI.  I don't remember if I've tried this or not, but if it doesn't work outright, you may need to play with the transform map in ServiceNow to convert the format to the proper true/false value.  I think it may convert the value to a proper-cased True/False, and I think ServiceNow only recognizes all lower-case true/false.

Once you have this working for the Create operation, repeat this for the Update operation (Upsert ServiceNow Import Set Record).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Under ITSM Integration > ServiceNow - Catalog Import Set Management Service > Create ServiceNow Import Set Record, set the active field to a value of ##PackageVisible##.  This is a bit field in the database that corresponds to the Enabled checkbox in the UI.  I don't remember if I've tried this or not, but if it doesn't work outright, you may need to play with the transform map in ServiceNow to convert the format to the proper true/false value.  I think it may convert the value to a proper-cased True/False, and I think ServiceNow only recognizes all lower-case true/false.

Once you have this working for the Create operation, repeat this for the Update operation (Upsert ServiceNow Import Set Record).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".