cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MECM and InTune deployments

We are on 2023 R2 and use ConfigMgr as the primary deployment technology, followed by JAMF Pro, then InTune. Today I added a Microsoft Store app using the Software Wizard and when requesting the software I immediately receive the error that the application is not available at the site and no client is installed.  If I remember correctly this issue appears because Config Mgr is the primary deployment and there is no ConfigMgr package.  It seems like this is still an issue in this version.

Shouldn't we be able to have a software item that has only an InTune deployment without having a Config Mgr deployment?  I added a config mgr deployment then change the Type on the package back to 28 as a workaround but it seems like App Portal should detect the deployment without having to add this

When I request the application in App Portal my InTune.log says No Pending Inserts found and nothing is happening

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

A fix for this should be included in 2024 R1 (likely late this year).. Until that, you will have to work around the behavior as you have been doing  (setting the Type column in WD_WebPackages to something other than 0) 

View solution in original post

(9) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

A fix for this should be included in 2024 R1 (likely late this year).. Until that, you will have to work around the behavior as you have been doing  (setting the Type column in WD_WebPackages to something other than 0) 

I am not sure what is different between our environments but we have some catalog items that only point to Intune win32 apps.   No CM deployments.   

How do you have your deployments settings order?  Do you have InTune as the first check then CM?

We still have CM as the first option.  Intune is 2nd.   We are looking to flip them soon so  Intune is the priority.    

All of our machines have a CM client installed, and most are Intune enrolled.   Our device sync runs against CM. 

Thank you.  It's interesting that we see different behavior with the same deployment settings.  I've set InTune first and it allows us to checkout the item but I'm still seeing strange behavior on some machines.

Do you see this same behavior with Win32 apps? 

We haven't tested with Win32 apps yet, just the new Microsoft store apps.

This is super random but someone just forwarded me a note about this happening to a machine here.  I noticed it was non compliant in Intune... I always wondered what the "compliance check" check box in the intune deployment tab was for.     I unchecked it and shopped again and all was good.     

Is your device  non compliant in Intune? 

Mine was showing non-compliant so I unchecked that box on Charles recommendation and things started working but I ran into another issue where my device has two Entra IDs, only one is active so that created another unexpected behavior.  I need to test with the box unchecked to see if I can have the InTune deployment only on the catalog item.