cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is is possible to increase the "Approve Reject" dialog box character limit?

When Approving or Rejecting a request, a dialog box is displayed where you can select approve or reject and "Enter any Approval Notes"...    It appears as though there is a 500 character limit for the "note" section.   Is there a way to expand this character limit for this pop-up dialog box?

I see that the resulting data gets stored in the WD_RequestNotes, and that there is no character limit on the "Notes" column (nvarchar(max)), so there doesn't appear to be a limitation on the db table.   Hoping there is a way to expand this.

Thanks.

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

To be perfectly honest, I've not had a chance to try this, but I think that you should be able to increase the max size of the notes, by modifying the file web/RequestDetails.axmx. Look for the following line:

<telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtNotes" runat="server" MaxLength="500" EmptyMessage="<%$Resources:resources, EnterApprovalNotes%>" TextMode="MultiLine" Width="290" Height="200">

Try changing the MaxLength to a larger number.. Needless to say, backup the original file before making the change. 

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

To be perfectly honest, I've not had a chance to try this, but I think that you should be able to increase the max size of the notes, by modifying the file web/RequestDetails.axmx. Look for the following line:

<telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtNotes" runat="server" MaxLength="500" EmptyMessage="<%$Resources:resources, EnterApprovalNotes%>" TextMode="MultiLine" Width="290" Height="200">

Try changing the MaxLength to a larger number.. Needless to say, backup the original file before making the change. 

Charles, that did the trick.   Thanks for the info, I really appreciate your help.

Keep in mind that it's not generally recommended to modify these pages, as it's hard to tell what unintended consequences it might have.  Also, when you upgrade to new versions, there is a chance your changes could be lost (assuming there is a new version of that file in the new release).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".