cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is App Portal 2015 R2 supported on SCCM CB 1902?

We are currently on ConfigMgr CB 1810 and are planning to upgrade to 1902 this coming weekend. 

We are still running App Portal 2015 R2. Is this still supported with ConfigMgr 1902? I know it is old but the upgrades of this product scare me... been burned twice before with them. 2015 R2 is working exactly as we need so, yah know.... no upgrades.

I assume it is but wanted to ask to be certain.

thanks!

(2) Solutions
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
Greg,
App Portal 2015 R2 supports Configuration Manager Current Branch, so support would be implied.. With that being said, I've not come across any reports of issues with 1902.

Thanks,
Charles

View solution in original post

What Service Pack are you on?  ConfigMgr Current Branch support was added in SP4 of App Portal 2015 R2, so if you are on SP4 or later, you should be fine.  If you are on SP3 or earlier and aren't willing to update to a newer service pack or newer version, then you can still use it with Current Branch, but you'd have to configure the settings within the SCCM 2012 tab, and then if you upgrade App Portal at a future date, there will be some additional steps you need to take to account for that.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
Greg,
App Portal 2015 R2 supports Configuration Manager Current Branch, so support would be implied.. With that being said, I've not come across any reports of issues with 1902.

Thanks,
Charles

What Service Pack are you on?  ConfigMgr Current Branch support was added in SP4 of App Portal 2015 R2, so if you are on SP4 or later, you should be fine.  If you are on SP3 or earlier and aren't willing to update to a newer service pack or newer version, then you can still use it with Current Branch, but you'd have to configure the settings within the SCCM 2012 tab, and then if you upgrade App Portal at a future date, there will be some additional steps you need to take to account for that.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Thanks for the reply. We are on SP4 for app portal and we have been on sccm
current branch for sometime. Upgrading from 1806 to 1902 this weekend. 🙂
--
Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse use any typos...