cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with FNMS

When connecting App Portal to FNMS is it best to use the FSG, or just a direct connection?  I have heard mixed answers on this and trying to get some clarification.  When you only implementing two products such as FNMS and App Portal is the FSG actually needed?  

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
I'm not a big fan of the gateway, so I definitely prefer to bypass the gateway, and specify a direct connection. This keeps things simple... The only time that the gateway would be required is if you have Admin Studio connected to App Portal.. Admin Studio does not have a way to directly connect to App Portal, so the gateway must be used so that Admin Studio knows the location of the App Portal web service.. FNMS does not know anything about App Portal, and it never connects to App Portal, so the gateway is not used in this case.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
I'm not a big fan of the gateway, so I definitely prefer to bypass the gateway, and specify a direct connection. This keeps things simple... The only time that the gateway would be required is if you have Admin Studio connected to App Portal.. Admin Studio does not have a way to directly connect to App Portal, so the gateway must be used so that Admin Studio knows the location of the App Portal web service.. FNMS does not know anything about App Portal, and it never connects to App Portal, so the gateway is not used in this case.