cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with the Submit Workflow Action

I have an App Portal catalog item that has an On Submit action that should fill in the data elements of a corresponding workflow in Workflow Manager. After filling out all the question and clicking submit I get the following error in the error log in App Portal and the information isn't sent to the workflow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Error committing the saved data to the WorkFlow Manager Data Elements for project SRW - Existing Software Request for request id - 20, exception message: 'SetDataElement Request Failed!', exception details: ' at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at AppPortal.Business.Interface.WFMActionCreator.CompleteWorkFlowRequest(DataTable WorkFlowData, Int32 requestId, Int32 eventId, String workflowName)'
(3) Replies
What are the data types you are trying to send to Workflow Manager?
jason.snook wrote:
What are the data types you are trying to send to Workflow Manager?

4 single line text fields, 1 drop down and 1 checkbox list. The corresponding workflow has the same 6 data elements.
Hmmmm... I've seen issues with complex data types, but it doesn't sound like you have any. Would you share the log details for review?