cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during checkout

One of the users reported an issue when trying to checkout a general catalog item.  In looking at the user log for him I found the following error. I've never seen this and he seems to be the only user reporting the problem.  I don't have this .gif in the checkout/images folder. Any ideas?

Unhandled Exception http://<server>/esd/checkout/Images/37-1.gif A public action method 'Images' was not found on controller 'AppPortal.MVC.Controllers.CheckoutController'. at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.HandleUnknownAction(String actionName)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<>c.<BeginExecuteCore>b__152_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c.<BeginProcessRequest>b__20_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

A missing icon does not seem like it would cause problems during checkout. Try creating a "dummy" file named 37-1.gif, and place it in the web/checkout/images folder to see if this resolves the issue. If it exists, you might check the permissions on the file as compared to some of the others (not sure if it will matter)

P.S. Sorry if I leave you hanging, but I'm going to be out all of next week for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving!

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

A missing icon does not seem like it would cause problems during checkout. Try creating a "dummy" file named 37-1.gif, and place it in the web/checkout/images folder to see if this resolves the issue. If it exists, you might check the permissions on the file as compared to some of the others (not sure if it will matter)

P.S. Sorry if I leave you hanging, but I'm going to be out all of next week for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks Charles! I'll create a dummy .gif , it can't hurt.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, working on my day off 🙂 Anyways, I looked at this quickly, and it looks like 37-1.gif is actually an animated gif used for a progress bar.. Typically, it is located in the web/images folder..This makes me believe that perhaps there is some rogue reference to web/checkout/images/37-1.gif, possibly referenced in an old file. In any event, my suggestion remains the same, but I wanted to make sure that you replaced the file with the actual file, rather than a dummy. I've attached it for your convenience.