cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software installed by a SCCM push (not by App Portal install request) is not showing in the Clone Migrate. Is this the norm or is something missing. 

There is a Catalog Item setup with Flexnet Manager Suite set to matching ARL to what is showing manually installed in Support Tools, Installed Software (ARP). And FNMS discovered inventory. But does not show in the Installed Software (AI). for the source computer.

(1) Solution

Oops, looks like I was late to the party.  Not sure why I didn't see the other replies until after I posted mine, but in any case, sounds like you're good now.  Perhaps there was a delay in the FNMS inventory import from SCCM?

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

@PBolles 

The pre-requisites are listed in How Clone/Migrate Works  so as long as you've ensured that they're followed you should be able to see it.

You may want to provide screen shots (please hide any company confidential information) for the community members to provide better guidance.

You may also want to raise your issue with support if you think you need assistance troubleshooting your issue.

Thanks,

When I went in today to get screenshots it is showing now. Researching why it didn't pick it up the other day (discovery timing or what).

For each catalog item you want to appear in clone/migrate, make sure you have configured the correct ARL entry and that you have checked the "Show for Clone/Migrate" property and unchecked the "Core application" property (https://docs.flexera.com/appportal/2020r1/ag/Content/helplibrary/AP_CatItemProp_Gen_Global.htm).  App detection for clone/migrate is done by querying the inventory of the devices from FNMS and then comparing the resulting ARL's against those configured on any catalog items that are enabled for Clone/Migrate.  The source of the installation on the device is irrelevant (SCCM push, USB thumb drive, CD/DVD etc.).  However, if the application doesn't show up in the FNMS inventory for that device, then there is some sort of installation evidence issue or an issue with the inventory import from SCCM to FNMS.  Sometimes, if an application has been repackaged, and the installer properties have been modified by the packager, it will no longer match the installer evidence in FNMS and would have to be updated.  That doesn't sound like the case you're describing, but I wanted to call that out, just in case.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Oops, looks like I was late to the party.  Not sure why I didn't see the other replies until after I posted mine, but in any case, sounds like you're good now.  Perhaps there was a delay in the FNMS inventory import from SCCM?

Top Kudoed Authors