cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Import and connection to SCCM Application

We're trying to complete a bulk import of existing SCCM entries into App Portal.   We're using the Powershell script as provided by our Flexera technician.  When we run the script, all appears well..no errors.

After reviewing he content within the AppPortal console, all of the apps we imported have a status  "Type " of  'General' rather than showing "Application" in our situation.  There is also no information under the "Deployment>ConfigMgr" tab of the catalog entry.

I reviewed the bulkimport.log and the only difference between our log entries and a sample that we completed with the Flexera tech a couple months back is the following 2 lines do NOT appear on our import attempts. No error messages

"Adding SCCM Application to catalog item 219"
"Successfully Added SCCM Application"

thank you.

(1) Solution
I think we figured it out. The original CSV we were given had a typo in the SCCM Application Name field. We fixed it earlier today & all appears to be working

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

What web service API calls are being made by your powershell script, with regards to creation of a catalog item and deployment.. I think that we will need to narrow this down to a specific API call, before we can assist. There has been very little in the way of changes to the API, so perhaps this is a problem with the inputs? if I know what APIs you are calling, I can test them out quickly in my environment.

I believe the current version of our bulk import script looks for application ID or package/program information in the CSV template and, if not found, creates a general catalog item.  Did you populate all of the required columns for either applications or package/programs?  If so, if you step through the script in debug mode, do you see it successfully reading that data in from the template?  One common problem is if the column names in the template don't match what the script is expecting.  Make sure you haven't renamed any of the columns, or if you have, make sure you modify the appropriate lines in the script to match the new names.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
I think we figured it out. The original CSV we were given had a typo in the SCCM Application Name field. We fixed it earlier today & all appears to be working