cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppPortal - Manual Target List

So I read the below link and it looks like the manual target list is basically hitting the AppPortal database with a specific SQL string? 

Then I can assume if I get "machines cannot be found" (When attempting to target via AppPortal),  it's that for whatever reason they're not in this query? It's odd because they do have the program I am attempting to uninstall and it is linked in FNMS. So seems funky that they would not come back in this query. I also double checked and they are still discoverable in SCCM.

Anything else I might be missing? I guess I would have to spot check it in SQL on the database itself. 

https://community.flexera.com/t5/App-Broker-knowledge-base/Add-Machines-Users-to-Target-List-in-App-Portal-When-Using/ta-p/130?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=category:Flexera_Community&q=machines%20not%20found&search_type=thread

Thanks!

(1) Solution

The vUser and vComputer views in the App Portal database correspond to the Imported Users and Imported Computers lists in the Admin UI.  The users and computers that appear in these lists are imported from SCCM through the datasync process, which occurs on a nightly basis (or on an ad hoc basis as desired).  There are a few reasons a user or computer might not get imported into App Portal from SCCM:

1. If you have implemented a custom sync query, you may have a WHERE clause in your custom query that could be excluding certain users/computers.
  2. If SCCM is only discovering certain OU's, the user/computer you're looking for could be in an OU that isn't discovered by SCCM (this doesn't seem to be the issue in your case, since you said they are discoverable in SCCM).
  3. The datasync process queries user/computer details in "pages".  If a SQL error occurs when processing a particular record, the remaining records in that page will be skipped and the sync will continue with the next page of records.  You can see such errors in the DataSync.log and the DatabaseCalls_Error.log, so you may want to review those logs and resolve any issues that appear there.  The most common issue is a unique key constraint violation, which can occur when you have multiple records in SCCM with the same name but different resource ID (or if you previously synced a record into App Portal and then later try to sync a record from SCCM that has the same name and a different resource ID).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

The vUser and vComputer views in the App Portal database correspond to the Imported Users and Imported Computers lists in the Admin UI.  The users and computers that appear in these lists are imported from SCCM through the datasync process, which occurs on a nightly basis (or on an ad hoc basis as desired).  There are a few reasons a user or computer might not get imported into App Portal from SCCM:

1. If you have implemented a custom sync query, you may have a WHERE clause in your custom query that could be excluding certain users/computers.
  2. If SCCM is only discovering certain OU's, the user/computer you're looking for could be in an OU that isn't discovered by SCCM (this doesn't seem to be the issue in your case, since you said they are discoverable in SCCM).
  3. The datasync process queries user/computer details in "pages".  If a SQL error occurs when processing a particular record, the remaining records in that page will be skipped and the sync will continue with the next page of records.  You can see such errors in the DataSync.log and the DatabaseCalls_Error.log, so you may want to review those logs and resolve any issues that appear there.  The most common issue is a unique key constraint violation, which can occur when you have multiple records in SCCM with the same name but different resource ID (or if you previously synced a record into App Portal and then later try to sync a record from SCCM that has the same name and a different resource ID).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".