cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal 2021R2 - Error creating software catalog item with existing ConfigMgr application

Hey everyone,

after upgrading the App Portal from 2020R1 to 2021R2 everything seemed fine at first glance.
But when we try to create a software catalog item with an already existing device collection (ConfigMgr) it fails with "Column "IsCollectionLess" does not belong to table dtParameters" in the CreateESDObject.log

1. We cant seem to find the mentioned table dtParameters, where is it from?
2. What do we need to do to create software catalog items with existing collection?

Thanks in advance

(1) Solution

Hey CharlesW,

Thank you very much for your support and offer to help via a screen sharing session. We did some more testing today and it seems we identified the error.

As it turns out, the error was not caused by something in the App Portal, but by missing permissions for the SCCM Web Service User.

The error message “Column “IsCollectionLess” does not belong to table dtParameters” wasn’t relay helpful in this case, at it seemed the error originated from the mentioned App Portal table.

Sorry for the inconveniences and, again, thank you very much for your support.

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Can you confirm that you upgraded the ESD Web Service to 2021 R2? It sounds as if the web service may not have been upgraded, based on the error.

The "dtParameters" mentioned in the error is likely referring to the content in the Parameters column in WD_SiteToAdvert.

NOTE: As it stands now if you use "select existing collection" functionality, you need to select a  collection that does not already have a deployment attached.. In this case, App Broker will create the deployments. This somewhat limits its usefulness, in my opinion. 

Hey CharlesW, thank you for your quick reply. 
We already did upgrade the Web Service to 2021R2 on the ConfigMgr Site and changed the application pool to an authorized ConfigMgr user.

Your note with using existing collections indeed limits its usefulness as our collections already have deployments. We still will check the WD_SiteToAdvert table, any hints or clues what might cause this error or how we solve it?

Many thanks.

I'm having some problem trying to track this down since I'm not able to reproduce.. Can you provide me with the exact log statement taken directly from CreateESDObjects.log? I'm particularly interested in any exceptions if there are any. Even a screen capture showing the log entries may help.

Sure, here you can find some screenshots:

Error Log of the App Portal GUI:

Tipadu_0-1644309137945.png

Error Log of CreateESDObjects.log:

createesdobject_log.png

Full Error:

Could not create collection / advertisement on {Servername} Column 'IsCollectionLess' does not belong to table dtParameters.     at System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)

at System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName)

at AppPortal.Infrastructure.Repositories.CmRepository.CreateApplicationEsdObject(PackageEsdObject package, String server, String cmLimitingCollection, String programTypeText)

Like mentioned before we upgraded the Webservivr on the SCCM Server and testing the deployment settings returns a valid configuration. Hope this helps identifying our issue.

Many thanks.

Thanks. That helps to narrow down exactly where the problem is occurring, though I do not see why it is occurring. Perhaps I'm grasping at straws here, but can you tell me the name of the application you are selecting? I've seen odd behavior before when choosing an application that contained special characters in the name.  In addition, can you tell me the name of the collection that you are selecting? Finally, can you tell me if you are creating the catalog item using the catalog item wizard, or if you are using "New Software Catalog item".. 

We tried using the new catalog item wizard as well as adding deployments to already existing catalog items, both results in the same error. We also tried different applications/collections, here is an example:

Application: Adobe_AcrobatDCPro_x86_20.006.20042-0002_MUL

Collection: Adobe_AcrobatDCPro_x86_20.006.20042-0002_MUL_INSTALL (TEST)

Hope this helps, thank you very much for your support.

Hey CharlesW,

Thank you very much for your support and offer to help via a screen sharing session. We did some more testing today and it seems we identified the error.

As it turns out, the error was not caused by something in the App Portal, but by missing permissions for the SCCM Web Service User.

The error message “Column “IsCollectionLess” does not belong to table dtParameters” wasn’t relay helpful in this case, at it seemed the error originated from the mentioned App Portal table.

Sorry for the inconveniences and, again, thank you very much for your support.