cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMC Helix Digital Workplace and the Appbroker

Can Anyone tell me if the current version of AppBroker works with BMC 's Helix BMC Helix Digital Workplace.  If so, is there any active documentation available for review?  Does it work the same as BMC MyIT?

Thanks in advance,

A.U.

(3) Replies

The short answer is "that's a question for BMC."

The longer answer is as follows...

It should work the same as BMC My IT.  It's the same product, but BMC has rebranded it.  Unlike App Broker for ServiceNow, where our Engineering team built the integration and got it certified by ServiceNow, BMC built their own integration.  We provided a set of API's, but all of the code to perform the actual integration is on the BMC side and is a "black box" to us.  Flexera Services has been involved in a couple implementations and POC's recently that included Digital Workplace, so I'm pretty sure it still works fine, but I wasn't directly involved.  At the end of the day, if there is something broken with the integration, or if you have detailed questions about how the integration works, you would need to work with BMC.  They might reach out to our Engineering team if they have questions about our API's or need new API's to enable something new, but they would be your point of contact for the integration.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello App Portal users

It has been 1.5 year after this thread was post. I am wondering if anyone has successfully integrate BCM Helix with App Portal?  Any suggestions can be shared will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Kev

I'm not aware of anything new from the Flexera Services side.  I'm actively working with a customer trying to pilot this now, but we haven't gotten to that stage yet.  Still trying to work through some Active Directory challenges.  Hopefully, there is someone in our community that can share their experience.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Top Kudoed Authors